Rules to Keep Camp Smooth
Kids Camp Policies
Operating for more than half a century has taught us that certain policies help keep camp running smoothly and ensure that staff time focuses on campers.
Attendance and Refund Policies
Schedule changes (Known as Absences and Dropped Days): If your child is going to be absent and must miss a day please attempt to notify us in advance and reschedule at that time. If you are not able to reschedule at that time call us at your earliest convenience to pick up your make up day.
Make-Up Days: Prior to May 1, 2013 you may make as many changes to your schedule as you like at no charge. After May 1, 2013 each child is allowed (3) three FREE make-up days. We take roll on the bus and in the group and keep track of your child’s absences and make-up days in your families computer records. We rely on our accurate CampBrain record keeping.
Schedule Changes: After May 1st, all changes after your (3) three FREE make-up days have been used are at a rate of $25.00 per change.
Extended Illness: An extended illness is defined as being five (5) or more consecutive camp attendance dates. A Doctor’s note is required for verification. Days may be made up during the last three (3) weeks of camp.
Withdrawal From Camp: Should you withdraw your child from camp prior to May 1st then you will receive your deposit or full tuition less $50.00 for each child.
Dismissal From Camp: There are occasions when a child must be dismissed from camp because he/she is not adjusting physically, psychologically or emotionally. This action will take effect only after an evaluation has occurred with the camper, camp director and parents. Dismissal for the aforementioned reasons will result in a $50.00 per day refund for the unused days. If a camper must be dismissed for disciplinary measures then there will be NO REFUND for the unused days.
First Time Camp Experience: Often children are enrolled in camp and there is apprehension due to a first time camp experience. If that apprehension exists, then it is recommended that you enroll your child for a minimum enrollment of five (5) days. You can always add days if they are available.
- Any days added after the special discount rate deadline will be at the listed seasonal daily rate of the time.
- If you decide to change from one camp program to another there is no guarantee of space after May 1, 2013.
- There are no refunds for a partially missed day.
- There is no credit held over to the following summer.
- Days to be rescheduled may be used by only siblings in the same family.
- A missed overnight can be rescheduled. There are no refunds.
- Your child’s health history form must be turned in to our office prior to the start of their stay at camp.
- When adding days after the summer has begun all payments must be made prior to child attending camp. Phone requests for changes and adding days will be accepted only with credit card payment.
Still have questions? Check out the parent handbook to kids camp we’ve made for parents like you. Our 2013 Handbook will be here soon.